Clinical Foundations of HIV
This 60-minute eLearning introduces the basics of HIV in Australia, as a foundation for further education and training in HIV. It is appropriate for all learners regardless of prior knowledge or experience in HIV.
Course learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Outline the epidemiology of HIV and the risk factors for HIV transmission
· Describe the progression of HIV if untreated
· Identify priority populations for HIV
· Identify the strategies and options for HIV prevention
· Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about HIV and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with HIV accessing health care.
CPD: HIV s100 prescribers will receive 1 HIV CPD point for completing this eLearning. Contact: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance or have a clinical question you would like to raise with a medical educator.
Important: Please use the latest version of Google Chrome browser and enable popups/active content while completing this course.
Last updated: June 2022
Funders: This activity has been developed with funding provided by QLD Health.
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.