This eLearning course introduces the basics of HIV in Australia, as a foundation for further education and training in HIV. It is appropriate for all learners regardless of prior knowledge or experience in HIV.
Course learning outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the epidemiology of HIV and the risk factors for HIV transmission
- Describe the progression of HIV if untreated
- Identify priority populations for HIV
- Identify the strategies and options for HIV prevention
- Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about HIV and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with HIV accessing health care.
CPD: HIV s100 prescribers will receive 1 HIV CPD points for completing this eLearning.
Contact: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance or have a clinical question you would like to raise with a medical educator.
Important: Please use the latest version of Google Chrome browser and enable popups/active content while completing this course.
Last updated: June 2022
Funders: This activity has been developed with funding provided by QLD Health.