A donation to the ASHM Gift Fund is used to support both our domestic and international programs, including scholarships and training, particularly for early career health care workers and students.
ASHM's Global Program provides assistance in the setting up and ongoing support of partner organisations for health care professionals in Asia and Pacific regions who work in HIV/STI and related diseases.
Collaborations and activities include enhancing organisational capacity, development and review of policy guidelines and strategies, and health care worker training and mentoring programs.
By supporting the ASHM Global Gift Fund, you can assist ASHM in the provision of:
- Capacity development for teams of national HIV health care providers in regional developing countries.
- Improved access to treatments and care services for people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Educational materials to resource-poor settings.
- Support for visiting scholar programs.
- Training courses to facilitate local provision of treatment and care.
The ASHM Gift Funds Committee is a subcommittee of the ASHM Board. It considers applications for support and makes recommendations to the Board. The ASHM Secretariat administers the Gift Funds.
All projects funded by the Gift Funds are documented on the ASHM website and in ASHM member publications. The work of the Gift Funds is recorded in the ASHM Annual Report.