Introduction to HIV Online Modules
These modules introduce key concepts for diagnosing and managing people living with HIV. After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Describe the natural history of HIV, including the HIV lifecycle and signs and symptoms of acute and chronic HIV
- Explain HIV transmission and the principles of prevention, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), treatment as prevention(TasP) and contact tracing
- Contrast HIV testing approaches and interpret test results
- Describe the principles and classes of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and their role in the treatment HIV
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of social, psychological and lifestyle factors on a patients’ treatment outcomes
The modules will launch in a new window – if they do not open, please try enabling pop-ups and temporarily disable your ad blocker or firewall.
Prospective HIV s100 prescribers: These modules are part 1 of the HIV s100 Prescriber Course. All modules must be completed prior to attending the first live interactive session.
Existing HIV s100 prescribers: Use these modules to refresh your knowledge and contribute to your HIV CPD requirements (3 points for completion of all 4 modules). CPD points will be automatically awarded.
Contact: Please email [email protected] if you require assistance or have a clinical question you would like to raise with a medical educator.
Target audience: General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.