Clinical Extensions of HIV
This 75-minute eLearning provides an overview of the key components of HIV testing and provides a framework for monitoring people who are diagnosed or living with HIV. This eLearning builds on existing knowledge from the Clinical Foundations of HIV elearning.
This course supports a shared care approach and is suitable for:
- Practitioners wanting to conduct HIV testing as part of their general or sexual health practice.
- Practitioners who want to be involved in the shared care of people with HIV and work in collaboration with a section 100 (s100) HIV prescriber.
- Practitioners wanting to become HIV prescribers who can prescribe antiretroviral (ARV) drugs.
Course learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of HIV virology.
- Recognise appropriate pre-HIV test discussions.
- Recall the various HIV diagnostic tests.
- Describe how to inform a patient of their HIV diagnosis.
- Recall pre-HIV treatment assessments and investigations.
- Describe how to continue monitoring a person with HIV throughout their life
CPD: HIV s100 prescribers will receive 1 HIV CPD points for completing this eLearning.
Contact: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance or have a clinical question you would like to raise with a medical educator.
Important: Please use the latest version of Google Chrome browser and enable popups/active content while completing this course.
Last updated: September 2023
Funders: This activity has been developed with funding provided by QLD Health.
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.