The Papua New Guinea National Department of Health (NDOH) HIV Prescriber Course, run by ASHM International, aims to provide foundations for improved clinical outcomes in HIV in PNG, by enabling more effective clinical training and mentoring in HIV services.
The training and mentoring provided by ASHM:
- Provides an effective training program including mentoring and clinical upskilling for PNG health workers
- Promotes high-quality resources for training participants, which align with current policies and curricula approved by the NDOH
- Promotes provincial and health facility alignment with national clinical guidelines for HIV.
ASHM International has been running the prescriber course for NDOH since 2018 and pivoted to an online platform in 2020. In May 2022, ASHM International will return to an in-person training format.
- Upskilling and building the capacity of healthcare workers to prescribe ART safely and confidently
- Improved knowledge of HIV & STIs amongst healthcare workers in PNG
- Promoting mentoring structures amongst healthcare workers
- Promoting continuing medical education amongst healthcare workers
Acknowledgement of partners and donors: PNG National Department of Health (NDOH) and World Health Organisation (WHO)