Sexual And Reproductive Health In Primary Care – Express Interest
Register your interest for 2023. You will be contacted when a course is available for your jurisdiction.
This two-part online course aims to provide practitioners with an overview of sexual and reproductive health care in general practice, covering sexual health, sexual history taking, STI screening, contraception and unintended pregnancy. This training also discusses how STI screening can be integrated into contraception, and unintended pregnancy consultations.
- Pre course survey
- Two interactive online sessions (3 hours each)
- Between workshop activity
- Post course survey
- 3-month post course survey
Please note that you will need to attend both workshops in order to receive RACGP and ACRRM CPD points.
• Describe the components of sexual health
• Implement effective sexual history taking
• Integrate evidence based STI and cervical cancer screening into practice
• Define current contraceptive options and their relevant counselling points
• Demonstrate an approach to unplanned pregnancy including counselling and discussion of options
GPs, GP registrars, nurse practitioners, practice nurses, and other practitioners working in primary care settings.
This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. 40 points allocated.
Approved by ACRRM for 6 Educational Activity PDP hours.
This course is FREE.
For more information
Please contact the Sexual Health Team by clicking here or send an email to SexualHealth@ashm.org.au
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.