Clinical Foundations of Hepatitis B
This eLearning course introduces the basics of hepatitis B in Australia. This module will introduce key concepts as a foundation for further education and training in hepatitis B and is appropriate for all levels of knowledge and experience.
List of topics:
- What is hepatitis B?
- Hepatitis B in Australia
- Natural history of hepatitis B
- Priority populations
- Prevention & vaccination
- Management of hepatitis B
- Stigma & Discrimination
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Outline the epidemiology of hepatitis B and the risk factors for hepatitis B transmission
- Describe the progression of hepatitis B
- Identify priority populations for hepatitis B
- Identify the strategies and options for hepatitis B prevention
- Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about hepatitis B and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with hepatitis B accessing health care.
This course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
For further enquires about this course, please contact [email protected]
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.