Hepatitis B Prescriber Course – Expression of Interest
Register your interest in attending this course. You will be contacted when a course is available for your jurisdiction.
Upon successful completion of this free training and the associated case assessment, eligible participants may apply to the relevant state departments of health for authority to prescribe Section 100 (s100) drugs for the management of hepatitis B in Australia.
This course will be presented as a mix of self-paced and live facilitated learning, providing attendees an opportunity to discuss and practice strategies with peers and specialists. This is comprised of:
• Online Learning Modules
• Three 2-hour interactive webinars via Zoom, accessed through the ASHM online learning platform
• Case studies
• Multiple choice quiz
Presentations and case discussions will be delivered by specialists and primary care providers with expertise in hepatitis B.
Total expected time to complete all self-paced and live components = 11 hours
1. Outline the critical role of primary care in the diagnosis, management and treatment of people living with chronic hepatitis B
2. Plan long-term care, including guideline-based monitoring and hepatocellular carcinoma screening, for patients with chronic hepatitis B
3. Select and prescribe first-line antiviral treatment when clinically indicated
4. Identify situations where specialist advice or referral is required
5. Integrate principles of person-centred and culturally competent care into hepatitis B management
General Practitioners, other community-based Medical Practitioners, and Nurse Practitioners
This organisation is an RACGP-accredited CPD Provider under the RACGP CPD Program. This activity has been approved for the following hours and types:
Educational Activities (EA): 6.0 hours
Reviewing Performance (RP): 3.5 hours
This course and associated activities are accredited with ACRRM for 6 educational activity PDP units,3.5 performance review PDP units, and 4 Additional CPD requirements in the 2023-2025 triennium.
For more information
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.