The Trans and Gender Diverse Sexual Health Care e-learning has been co-designed and developed for clinicians working in a sexual health clinical setting or delivering sexual health care in primary health care settings.
It consists of five modules that should be completed in sequential order. It will take you approximately one-and-a-half hours to complete all five modules.
The five modules include:
- Trans and gender diverse community
- Sex and sexual health
- Trans people and reproductive health
- An introduction to gender affirming health care
- Creating safe and inclusive environments
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the needs and experiences of trans communities to deliver affirming patient care.
- Implement the parts and practices model to conduct a sensitive and affirming sexual health history.
- Implement the parts and practices model to provide reproductive healthcare in a sensitive and affirming manner.
- Distinguish between types of gender affirmation whilst considering the legislative requirements and the role of informed consent.
- Integrate recommended patient engagement strategies into routine practice, procedures, and systems to enhance patient safety and inclusivity.
Clinicians working in a sexual health clinical setting or delivering sexual health care in primary health care settings.
This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program. 3 points allocated. Activity ID: 323845.
This resource has been endorsed by AusPATH.
Helpful hints & tips for completing the e-learning:
If you are having trouble completing the module and accessing the certificate, please refer to the below helpful hints and tips:
- ASHM’s LMS is best accessed on a desktop rather than a mobile or tablet device.
- To ensure that the e-learning is marked as complete select show feedback on all questions and select all resources under further reading.
- In module one, The Trans Experience in Australia, select all three images to ensure that the e-learning is marked as complete.
- The further reading resources and embedded links open in a new window. To resume the e-learning, navigate your browser and select the window containing the e-learning.
- Complete the evaluation survey.
If you continue to have trouble, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com for assistance.
Any initiative to improve the health and wellbeing of trans and gender diverse communities must recognise the critical importance of meaningful community involvement in planning, development, and delivery. ASHM and ACON would also like to re-affirm commitment to incorporating the lived experience of trans and gender diverse people and communities in Australia.
This resource was produced by ASHM and ACON. ASHM and ACON would like to acknowledge the Working Group who contributed to the making of this resource. A detailed list of Working Group members is included within the Acknowledgement section of the resource.
This resource was supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.