Clinical Extensions of Hepatitis C is an eLearning course that takes a closer look at interpreting test results and managing patients with hepatitis C and is intended for clinicians who will assess patients and prescribe treatment.
This eLearning course is designed for learners who have already completed the Clinical Foundations of Hepatitis C online modules or have prior knowledge.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate conversations sensitively about possible past exposures to hepatitis C, in order to inform and offer testing.
- Reflect on and articulate the negative consequences of stigma and discrimination on people and communities affected by hepatitis C and its impact on health and wellbeing.
- Order and interpret pathology tests appropriately following hepatitis C testing.
- Describe the pre-treatment assessment and work-up of a patient following hepatitis C diagnosis.
- Explain the assessment approach and rationale for staging liver disease.
- Identify the available treatments and factors that determine which treatments are used.
- Describe the process for prescribing hepatitis C treatment.
- Explain the common side effects of hepatitis C treatment and management of these.
- Describe the post-treatment testing required to establish cure.
- Identify when further follow-up and ongoing monitoring is required.
This course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
CPD: This activity has been approved by RACGP (Activity ID: 601599) for the following hours and types:
– Educational Activities (EA): 0.5 hours
– Reviewing Performance (RP): 0.5 hours
ACNP endorsement is pending.
For further enquires about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Please use the latest version of Google Chrome browser and enable popups/active content while completing this course.
Last updated: September 2023
Funders: This activity has been developed with funding provided by QLD Health.