Hepatitis B For Nurses And Midwives – Expression Of Interest
Register your interest for 2023. You will be contacted when a course is available for your jurisdiction.
The course will provide Nursing and Midwifery Professionals with advanced practical skills and knowledge in hepatitis B nursing.
The course includes presentations and case discussions that introduce the epidemiology and natural history of hepatitis B, vaccination, testing, fibrosis assessment, advanced liver disease, stigma and discrimination and the cultural context of hepatitis B nursing and midwifery.
This course will be presented as a mix of self-paced and live facilitated learning, providing attendees an opportunity to discuss and practice strategies with peers and specialists. This is comprised of:
- Online Learning Modules
- Video Modules
- Two 4-hour interactive webinars via Zoom, accessed through the ASHM online learning platform
Through online learning and virtual teaching, participants will learn to:
- Outline the epidemiology of hepatitis B and the risk factors for hepatitis B transmission.
- Identify opportunities for screening and testing, vaccination and linkage to care.
- Outline nurses’ and midwives’ role in providing culturally appropriate care, free from stigma and discrimination.
- Outline the nurses’ and midwives’ role in identifying, diagnosing, assessing, monitoring and treating patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced liver disease.
- Utilise innovative strategies and models of care that deliver care for patients with hepatitis B .
Nursing and Midwifery professionals.
Attendance at both live facilitated sessions is equivalent to 8.0 CPD hours.
Additionally, the suggested self-paced learning components are equivalent to an additional 2.0 CPD hours.
Australian College of Midwives CPD Endorsed Activity
This course is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 10 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
For More Information:
Please contact us at email@example.com
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.