This online learning module is part 1 of the Hepatitis C in Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program and consists of 4 individual modules that introduce the topics of assessment, management and treatment of hepatitis C. All modules are required to be completed before attending the part 2 live training.
Learning Objectives for the Hepatitis C in Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program:
- Describe risk factors for HCV, enabling discussions with clients around prevention and harm reduction
- Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
- Describe the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
- Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
- Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
Target audience: These modules are designed for medical practitioners working in drug and alcohol settings or with people who inject drugs.
CPD: The Hepatitis C in Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program (Part 1, 2 & 3) has been approved by the RACGP as a CPD accredited activity and has been allocated 40 CPD points. Participants must complete the online modules and attend the training for allocation of full points.
Last updated: 2020