Explore a selection of more than 60 symposia and oral abstract sessions, showcasing thought-provoking keynote presentations and invited-speaker sessions led by industry experts.
IAS 2023 Program Highlights
There will be a wide range of sessions in the areas of research, clinical studies, epidemiology and prevention, social sciences, behavioural sciences, and implementation science.
Session highlights include:
HIV cure research and immunology
- HIV cure research: Why are single cells harbouring HIV latent?
- Advances in gene delivery and engineering of T and B cells: Implications for prevention, therapy and cure
- Immune responses critical for viral control and approaches to harness them in vivo
- Viral replication and reservoirs beyond the periphery: A deeper look at tissues
HIV prevention and treatment
- Injectable therapies for treatment and prevention
- Innovations and implementation of long-acting antiretroviral therapy
- Prevention and management of co-infections in people living with HIV
- Estimating HIV incidence in the era of long-acting PrEP
- Long-acting antiretrovirals: Translating efficacy to effectiveness
- Improving the trajectory of co-morbidities in people with HIV
- Achieving HIV prevention and treatment at scale
Sexual health and STI prevention
- The rise of sexualized drug use among key populations: The intersectional complex issue and promising community-led responses
- Strengthening sexual health: PEP, PrEP and vaccines for STIs
Approaches to community engagement
- Our bodies, our science: Empowering and promoting community engagement and practices in science
- Indigenous and First Nations populations
- We know us: Community-led models of HIV care
- The power of people: Community-based models to improve HIV outcomes
Social sciences and HIV
- Social science and HIV in the fifth decade
- Bridging new gaps: Responding to the challenges of emerging sexual cultures and social contexts
- Decolonizing HIV science: Conceiving and advancing equitable, decolonial research practices
- Younger and older: HIV across the life course
… and much more!
IAS 2023 featured speakers
The IAS 2023 conference will showcase a line-up of experts who will present the latest cutting-edge research on HIV and its applications.