This eLearning course introduces the basics of hepatitis C (HCV) in Australia, as a foundation for further education and training in HCV. It is appropriate for all learners regardless of prior knowledge or experience in HCV.
- Hepatitis C in the Australian and global context
- Natural History of Hepatitis C
- Transmission and Prevention of Hepatitis C
- Overview of Testing and treatment for Hepatitis C
- Stigma and Discrimination: Hepatitis C
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the epidemiology of Hepatitis C and the risk factors for Hepatitis C transmission
- Describe the progression of Hepatitis C if untreated
- Identify priority populations for Hepatitis C
- Identify the strategies and options for Hepatitis C prevention
- Identify testing protocols and treatment options for Hepatitis C
- Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about Hepatitis C and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with Hepatitis C accessing health care.
This course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
For further enquires about this course, please contact email@example.com