C the Whole Story Forum: Hepatitis C in Housing and Homelessness, Mental Health and AOD Settings 2023
The C the Whole Story Forum brings together Nurses, Community-based workers, NSP Workers, and Peer Workers from around Australia to share their experiences, strategies for success, and innovative approaches to providing treatment to people living with hepatitis C in housing and homelessness, AOD (alcohol and other drugs), and mental health settings.
Hear from a series of dynamic keynote speakers, including people with a living or lived experience, as well as presentations on innovative models of care and approaches to providing hepatitis C testing, treatment, and support across these settings. As a participant, you will have access to a Q&A with speakers and participate in break-out sessions to network and discuss opportunities for implementing different approaches to your service.
Date and time
Thursday 30 November 2023 – Online via Zoom
- ACT/NSW/VIC/TAS: 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm (AEDT)
- QLD: 11:30 am – 3.00 pm (AEST)
- SA: 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm (ACDT)
- NT: 11:00 am – 2.30 pm (ACST)
- WA: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm (AWST)
Participants from all states and territories are welcome to register for this course.
A broad audience is encouraged to attend, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Community based organisations, Health Services, NSP Workers, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Peer Workers working in housing and homelessness, AOD, and/or mental health settings. Other healthcare providers and allied health workers with an interest in hepatitis C are welcome to join.
- Discuss the unique challenges faced by individuals living with hepatitis C in housing and homelessness, mental health and AOD settings.
- Examine innovative approaches and best practices that have been implemented in different regions of Australia.
- Describe the needs of individuals living with hepatitis C in housing and homelessness, mental health and AOD settings.
- Incorporate learnings to work with services and people who access them to reorient/reimagine current models of care for individuals living with hepatitis C in housing and homelessness, mental health, and AOD settings.
Download a PDF of the C the Whole Story Form 2023 program using the button below.
Read the program
National Steering Committee
ASHM would like to acknowledge people with a lived or living experience, representatives from national, state, territory, and local health services who have guided the development and planning of the Forum.
Collaborating partners include AIVL, Harm Reduction Australia, Harm Reduction VIC, Hepatitis Australia, Hepatitis QLD, Hepatitis WA, Kirketon Road Centre, LiverWELL, NACCHO and NTAHC.
This event is supported by an unconditional education grant from Gilead Sciences. Sponsorship is governed by ASHM’s Sponsorship Policy and the sponsor has no input into the content, tone, emphasis, allocation of funds or selection of recipients. ASHM does not endorse or promote any sponsor’s product or service.
For further information, please contact our PSO Curtis Micallef on [email protected] or 0411 536 478.
Conferences and Events
Discover our events calendar, featuring impactful health conferences and educational gatherings. Join health professionals, researchers, and community organisations in HIV, BBV, sexual health and other health fields. Explore our calendar to find engaging opportunities tailored to your interests and professional development.