Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ446152
True Colours clinic is a Trans and Gender Diverse (TGD) health service for people aged 16- 25 and is one of the metro services developed to provide gender affirming care in NSW in partnership with Sydney Children’s Hospital Network.
True Colours is a holistic, multidisciplinary clinic and provides person centred, safe, quality, and inclusive gender affirming care and treatment to the TGD population aged 16-25 years of age. The clinic works alongside community and consumers to provide safe, affirming, person-centred inclusive care.
True Colours will provide a high-quality clinical service to clients/consumers and their families/carers to ensure optimal clinical outcomes.
This position is suitable for a Staff Specialist in Sexual Health Medicine.
This position works in a multidisciplinary team consisting of doctors, nurses, and allied health, to address clients’ often complex medical and psychosocial needs, providing expert medical assessment and management of TGD youth.
The purpose of this position is to provide high quality sexual health and gender affirming care to TGD youth, provide clinical oversight to registrars, residents, and nurses, to support the training needs of registrars, and to participate as part of the medical unit in research, audit and quality improvement as required.
All applications must include a demonstration of your ability to meet each of the selection criteria in order to progress through the recruitment process.
1. Registration or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA). Candidate to provide AHPRA Registration Number on application.
2. Fellowship of the Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, FRACP and/or equivalent specialist recognition as provided for by the Health Insurance Act 1973 and the relevant Award/Determination. Interest and experience in the provision of transgender healthcare desirable. Applicants who will obtain fellowship within the next 6 months are encouraged to apply.
3. Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position.
4. Proven capacity and/or experience in the provision of effective high quality service in the specialty, demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality improvement activities relevant to the specialty.
5. Demonstrated commitment to teaching with experience in teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students and other staff of the hospital.
6. Demonstrate the skills and attitudes appropriate as a senior Medical Practitioner including modelling a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical and dental staff.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites. Demonstrated commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care in the public sector setting.
8. Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research relevant to the role and needs of the Department.
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Philip Read on Phillip.Read1@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 26 November 2023